When is it required to have health forms filled out for girls and adults?

Health Examination/Physicals

For trips or activities that will last 3 nights or more the following guidelines must be followed:

A Health Examination is required for any activity that is 3 nights or more including resident camp.

This Health Examination needs to have been completed within the past 24 months of the last day of the activity. The exception is for resident camp; it needs to have been completed within the past 12 months of the last day of the camp week.

Adults participating are also required to have a current Health Examination.

The Health Examination may be given by a Licensed Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians  
Assistant or a Registered Nurse.

When sending medications, they should be in their original containers and administered only by the designated responsible adult. This form will also allow the parent/guardian to select which over the counter medication can be administered if necessary.

The designated health professional assigned to the Camp/Trip, will then be responsible for collecting all Health Forms, for adults and girls, distributing and logging all medications for adults and girls and monitoring anyone that may have a special needs. This process is in place for the well-being of all the girls and adults and to maintain a consistent and organized system of health care and applies to all adults accompanying a group/troop.

Copies of current shot records are also required and may be obtained from their school.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.