Every pound of items collected earns money for: Girl Scouts of Citrus - GIFT for Girls Campaign
Get to know the program and how it works
Re-Use collection program offers Girl Scout troops and service communities the opportunity to raise funds for our GIFTS for girls campaign in an environmentally friendly way. Host a Re-Used clothing drive and collect gently used: clothing, shoes, accessories, linens and small toys. Our NEW community partner, Millennium International Textile will pay Girl Scouts of Citrus .25 cents per pound collected. The funds that your troop or service community raise will go towards your service community's GIFT for girls fundraising goal.
- Troops can participate in the Re-Use collection program by hosting a Re-Use collection drive.
- Talk to the girls about the environment impact of textiles and the benefits of Re-Using.
- Set a collection date for your Re-Use collection drive. Give 4-6 weeks for girls and their families to collect items.
- Have a location that will accommodate your drop off day needs and the means to transport items. Millennium International Textile does not provide a pickup service.
- Make arrangements with Millennium International Textile to deliver the items you have collected. You must call and set an appointment to drop-off your collected items.
- To make a drop-off appointment contact: Ms. Jabeen Shaikh 407-878-7817 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Millennium International Textile warehouse location: 120 Keyes Court Sanford, FL 32773
- Pre-weigh your collection items for each girl before going to the warehouse. At the warehouse your items will be weighed as a total group not as individuals.
- Make it a field trip! The girls are welcome to tours the warehouse to see the next step for the items they collected.
- Complete the Re-Use collection program patch order form and email it to Lydia Sealey
- email@example.com to receive your patches.
**Campaign ends on April 30th