Although we hope the worst never happens, we must be prepared for accidents. In general, during a Girl Scout activity, follow the Safety Activity Guidelines as well as any related specific Safety Activity Checkpoints for activities such as Camping, Hiking, etc.
Emergency Procedures for unusual, suspicious activity or intrusion:
- Contact the proper authorities or person in charge of the facility.
- Organize a search of the area in teams, starting with child's last known location. Notify the troop's emergency contact person if the child is not located within a reasonable amount of time. The emergency contact person will notify the parents and the council representative.
- Permission slips MUST NOT be released to authorities. The adult in charge will keep his/her copies.
- In case of a serious accident or crisis, NO public statements should be made. All inquiries should be referred directly to the Citrus Emergency Contacts.
- Complete an Accident Report within 24 hours of the incident. Please email a copy to Marie Snead.
Girl Scouts of Citrus Emergency Contacts (*in case of emergency only)
Zandra Washington, Chief Operating Officer
407-896-4475 ext. 1323 or 321-277-6349
Marie Snead, Senior Director of Business Services
407-896-4475 ext. 1401 or 407-690-2418
All Emergency Procedures