Although we hope the worst never happens, we must be prepared for accidents. In general, during a Girl Scout activity, follow the Safety Activity Guidelines as well as any related specific Safety Activity Checkpoints for activities such as Camping, Hiking, etc.
Basic Emergency Procedures:
- See that each driver carries in her/his car:
- A completed parent permission slip for each girl
- A first aid kit and the appropriate insurance forms
- A copy of Citrus Council Emergency Procedures
- Provide each person with information concerning what to do if she/he becomes separated from the group. For example:
- Cars will proceed to an agreed upon checkpoint or destination.
- Girls will proceed to an agreed upon destination.
- Girls who may be left behind or lost will be instructed to stay in one location that is safe and as close as possible to where they were last seen.
- Observe all site regulations at Citrus Council program centers. These site regulations are sent to each troop leader when the troop's reservation is confirmed and are also posted at the program centers.
- In case of a serious accident or crisis, NO public statements should be made. All inquiries should be referred directly to the Citrus Emergency Contacts.
- Complete an Accident Report within 24 hours of the incident. Please email a copy to Marie Snead.
Girl Scouts of Citrus Emergency Contacts (*in case of emergency only)
Zandra Washington, Chief Operating Officer
407-896-4475 ext. 1323 or 321-277-6349
Marie Snead, Senior Director of Business Services
407-896-4475 ext. 1401 or 407-690-2418
All Emergency Procedures