Although we hope the worst never happens, we must be prepared for accidents. In general, during a Girl Scout activity, follow the Safety Activity Guidelines as well as any related specific Safety Activity Checkpoints for activities such as Camping, Hiking, etc.
Emergency Procedures for accidental or natural death:
- Contact the site ranger and/or request assistance from sheriff, police, highway patrol, ambulance, doctor or clergy as appropriate.
- Notify council representative. This person will contact the family in case of fatality or where death is imminent.
- Retain a responsible adult at the scene who will see that the victim and surroundings are not disturbed until proper authorities have assumed control.
- In case of a serious accident or crisis, NO public statements should be made. All inquiries should be referred directly to the Citrus Emergency Contacts.
- Complete an Accident Report within 24 hours of the incident. Please email a copy to Marie Snead.
Girl Scouts of Citrus Emergency Contacts (*in case of emergency only)
Zandra Washington, Chief Operating Officer
407-896-4475 ext. 1323 or 321-277-6349
Marie Snead, Senior Director of Business Services
407-896-4475 ext. 1401 or 407-690-2418
All Emergency Procedures