Although we hope the worst never happens, we must be prepared for accidents. In general, during a Girl Scout activity, follow the Safety Activity Guidelines as well as any related specific Safety Activity Checkpoints for activities such as Camping, Hiking, etc.
Emergency Procedures for injury or illness:
- Follow proper first aid procedures in treating the injured person(s) and secure proper medical care.
- Contact the site ranger and/or request assistance from clergy, sheriff, police, highway patrol, ambulance or doctor as appropriate.
- Notify parents and the council representative.
- In case of a serious accident or crisis, NO public statements should be made. All inquiries should be referred directly to the Citrus Emergency Contacts.
- Complete an Accident Report within 24 hours of the incident. Please email a copy to Marie Snead.
Girl Scouts of Citrus Emergency Contacts (*in case of emergency only)
Zandra Washington, Chief Operating Officer
407-896-4475 ext. 1323 or 321-277-6349
Marie Snead, Senior Director of Business Services
407-896-4475 ext. 1401 or 407-690-2418
All Emergency Procedures