What insurance do I need to purchase for my troop's trip?


Girl Scout Insurance Plan Comparison Chart

PLAN 1 Accident Insurance


Automatic coverage for registered members for a Girl Scout event which does not exceed a total of 3 days/2 nights. You do not need to order this insurance, since it is automatically applied to all Girl Scout members, unless there are high adventure activities involved.


PLAN 2 Accident Insurance



To cover participants who are NOT registered Girl Scouts and/or Girl Scouts participating in an event lasting MORE than 3 days, 2 nights.


Example: If your troop is planning a trip for 5 days and 4 nights, you will need to purchase insurance for all of the registered members for the full 5 days because the trip is longer than 3 days, 2 nights.



PLAN 3E Accident and Sickness Insurance



This plan is recommended for trips out of state or for any other trip where sickness could occur, such as extended trips out of town.




PLAN 3P Accident and Sickness Insurance




For groups with one or more participants who do not have personal family insurance (or where personal insurance may not be honored). Plan 3P acts as primary insurance for participants covered by the plan.


PLAN 3PI Accident and SicknessInsurance for International Trips



For any Girl Scout group planning a trip out of the country. Due to certain pre-trip benefits, this insurance should be purchased in the planning stages of the trip, but after the trip has been approved by the council, Call the council office to obtain detailed information on how to purchase this plan.




Accident and Sickness Insurance for Girl

Guides/Girl Scouts Visiting the USA


Can be purchased by groups who are hosting Girl Guides/Girl Scouts visiting the USA. This insurance covers the visiting Girl Guides/Girl Scouts.


*For more information and additional forms please download the Troop Travel Book 


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.