Go over 5 Business Skills girls learn by participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program:
• Goal Setting: A Girl Scout sets Cookie sale goals then creates a plan to achieve those goals all while developing cooperation and team building skills along the way.
• Decision Making: A Girl Scout helps decide how she (and her troop) will spend their Cookie money, furthering critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Money Management: A Girl Scout takes cookie orders, handles money, gains valuable and practical forecasting and financial skills and know-how.
• People Skills: A Girl Scout learns how to talk to, listen to, and work with all kinds of people while selling Cookies. These experiences help her develop healthy relationships, conflict resolution skills, and team building skills.
• Business Ethics: A Girl Scout is honest and responsible at every step of the sale. Her business ethics reinforce the positive values she is developing as a Girl Scout.
All information can be found in the 2016-2017 complete troop cookie guide.